Wednesday, August 09, 2006

A phenomenon called Sid

Today's rakhi and I fondly remember this phenomenon in my life called 'SID'.

He was my classmate in junior college and on one rakhi yeaaarrsss ago (well more than I care to admit!) we decided he was my brother. And he really became one in every sense. Apart from having a blast of a time all along we developed a special bond, an understanding and wordless communication. My clearly partial views about his actions and our tendency to cover for each other's mistakes is still legendary in the gang of my friends! He helped me through traumas in my relationship and pre-marital stress!! I have faithfully provided shoulder to women he dumped and to him when women dumped him! I still do it!!!! :)

We were not in the same senior college and life took us further apart (geogrpahically) after that. But NOTHING changed. Nothing at all. He still is one of the people my heart seeks if I am very happy or sad and I daresay thats mutual!

God knows how many rakhis ani bhaubij we have missed in past 3-4 years. The promises that we have made to each other to catch up, spend time and oh yes, buy gifts!! Have been consistently unable to do any of this. And I know we would remain consistent in this behaviour!

And I like it this way!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin