Friday, October 06, 2006

While I was coming to the office today morning

I was mad at myself for feeling so terribly sleepy – as if I have not slept in ages. (So much so that my husband offered to drop me off at the office – fearing for my car obviously – which I declined – again obviously)

The setting of rear view mirrors of the car had been changed by someone. It took a lot of acrobatics to adjust all three mirrors as I drove on in the traffic.

Traffic was thicker than usual as I had left full 15 minutes late.

RJ for the morning show on Radio Mirchi has changed. Perhaps I shall begin to like him but for now he is irritating me. And today morning’s half an hour drive to office was no exception.

But he played ‘Kajara re’ from BnB and I associated it to the movie Dor in which the song is used very well.

Do not want to write anything about the number of potholes I bumped across and their subsequent effect on my back and my car’s suspension.

Saw a guy scratching his head - only he was wearing a helmet. Cursed myself for not carrying a camera to capture this Kodak moment

I met three different species of drivers on the road
1. At 10 km/hr and Centrally –Age more than 50 or any age if the mobile is pressed to their ears. More often than not women, new drivers or proud owners of new cars petrified that someone might touch their precious metal skin and leave a mark.

2. Drive in all the lanes: simultaneously – Again found in car as well as two wheeler drivers who make money by lane cutting. Off late I have found buses and trucks entering in this category as well.

3. I don’t want to be seen – These species – predominantly two wheelers are mostly fugitives and they like drive faster than the speed of light. There is a small problem however! Given the density of traffic and variance in road level measurable in feet – over each square foot, their speed gets abated and invariably they end up braking hard in front of my car. My car has kissed butts of many such four and two wheelers.

And then there are others who just want to get out of this mayhem and reach the destination.

These people on the road affect me deeply each morning and I think it’s a great way to wake up to the absurdities and unfairness of the world. But I didn’t wake up today.

I saw my old flame en route on his bike and wondered why the xxxx I ever fell for him.

Sent sms to my husband reminding him to get movie tickets for this (near non-existent) weekend.

Found my usual parking space taken in the office car-park and had to park the car somewhere else – I dislike this totally.

Note to myself – If you are feeling like you ate a toad in the morning either shake it off before you leave for work or else learn to not to let it affect your perception of the world.

You can also write a blog and puke out all the ill-feeling! Chuckle!

4 comments:

educatedunemployed said...

So true so true..everything you said, about drivers and kodak moments and old crushes and toads and the blog.So much the blog.Been doing a bit of spewing myself.*Chukles louder*

~ The Adventurist ~ said...

Yo! Well written.!!

I begin my day by byking it to the gym. I love it thoroughly! There are the adoring chicks (Chicks and me??..well, what the heck..its adoration anyway :)) and the wow-you-ride-a-byk looks from the guys (anything for more than my fair share of eyeballs :)). Plus less raffic and no signals.

And then there is the drive to my office, be it on my precious byk or by car!! Loads of traffic, signals and drivers who think a great way to begin after-life is by coming under my car. And I agree completely that it’s a great way to wake up to the absurdities and unfairness of the world. And mildly therapeutic at that!

"Tadfad mazhyach gadi samor melya."

Ads said...

EU:
Keep spewing gal! Its wonderful to read ya!

XC:
Come to think of it, definitely therapeutic!!! Tadmadatatach loka!!!! Courtsey deplorable state of affairs of my two-wheeler and since S is reluctant to give his CBZ some fresh air....I am missing out on aaallll of that! But there are advantages of going to gym in a car especially since I am in the passenger seat. Its my last desparate effort to catch a couple of minutes of extra sleep!! ;)

mandar said...

u have missed out on 1 more category ...rikshaw ..... looking for a passanger and going at a speed of .5 km/hr in the middle of the road ...
and also those who most ofnthe time are trying to star their eng exactly in front of u specially when u r staning upfront at the signal nd just waiting to go and as the signal turns yellow these guys standing starts pushing the bike

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin