Friday, August 04, 2006

Self-Doubt

If there ever is that one thing that corrodes and kills potential it is self-doubt.
Importance of positivity is tremendously under-stated in our day-to-day lives.(Only preachy self help books have it and hate them!)
Optimism does not absolve hard work and intellect but increases the sum total of these and other parts.
It is said that the environs say 'tathastu' - 'so be it' all the time (in Hindu mythology) and hence one must watch what one is saying &/or thinking.
I am an atheist.
But given the importance of positive(not wishful - there is a vast difference in two) thinking I would rather tell myself to believe it.
But will I listen??
Bang-Self Doubt!

6 comments:

Blue Eyed Devil said...

I coudnt agree more Ads!!..Through experiece i whole heartedly agree!

educatedunemployed said...

I have learnt confidence in one self is the name of the game.

Ads said...

Devil:
I hope you do not have to experiance it often. But my experiance tells me you might have to!!!

Educatedunemployed:
You bet gal. That tact of the game I tend to forget once in a while! I come back to normal eventually though!

~ The Adventurist ~ said...

Avoid it like plague, I do!
Am in the I-hate-self-help-books club too
Wishes only never get you goin'
Self actualization is the clue

~ X

What a man can be, he must be.
To become everything that one
is capable of becoming ..."

Meave said...

I just had a kind of similar experience... Importance of positivity... of giving a No when needed... completely agree with yours...

Ads said...

XC:
Wonderfully written.....as always! And I agree in principle. Acting on the same however, becomes a challange now and then!

Meave:
Hope you are able to garner all the strength to do what is right the next time you are in a fix.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin