Saturday, June 10, 2006

Movie Update

This is a singular weekend with three movies releasing that we had thought of watching! The priority, of course, went to the MI-III! The balance two Phir HeraPheri and ChupkChupke in that order. So this post is about the Mission Impossible III. This is an excerpt of the conversation between me and my better half once the movie was over

(Movie titles roll up with the familiar background score and its one o'clock in the morning!)

A: (Whispering) Why aren’t people moving quickly?? I want to go home now, I am dead sleepy

S: Sleepy?? Is that all you can think about after such a high on adrenaline flick??

A: Cruise's adrenaline! What do I have to do with it? It’s late and I have had a long day!

S: So did you not like the movie?

A: Whatever!

S: C'mon, you can't tell me you didn't like those amazing action sequences!

A: Oh, are you referring to the aerial summersaults by SUVs and fighter planes(What a waste!) or skyscraper jumping or Cruise racing (His character, Ethan, should participate in the Olympics, you know!) through the roads with skin impervious to bullets that always kill the bad guys?! You know what, it reminds me of Amitabh Bachhan in Sholay with the horses doing the summersaults!

S: Jeez! That had a completely different background. Its a village there!........on second thoughts I agree with the impervious skin comparison!

A: See!! Its Bollywood that inspires the Hollywood! Substitute the village for a DC or LA or something (with choppers instead of train and couple of other locations - One has to be in the Far East and the other the Vatican! A Code inspiration???? I wonder) and add all the imaginable technology that will give the SpyKids’ screenplay writers a run for their money - You have got it! An excellent potpourri of an amazing Hollywood Hit!!

S: Oh wait a second; you have to garnish it well!! Bang comes Mr. Cruise and the pretty babe!

A: But he looks good……well at least in the beginning of the movie…

S: All the women look good too!

A: Ya right! (and an inevitable sneer!) Ha, do you think the bad guy looks like Amjad Khan, too??

S: I think you are sleepy!!

A: Oh yes I am……

S: But a good entertainer overall, right??

A: Whatever!!

PS: I am A!

2 comments:

Ketaki said...

Hey cool, I like movie reviews..
Keep 'em coming.

Ads said...

Sure thing!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin