Monday, April 17, 2006

Beyond the first quarter of a century.................

What a birthday I had!! Could not have been more rocking!! I finally completed 25 glorious years of my life....though 11th April felt no different than 10th, I am sure things will change from now on. Like I was discussing with this M friend of mine, my mentality will change from the 15 to 25 mindset (when will I complete my professional studies?? Will I get a job?? My love life or the lack thereof!! Wedding bells/sirens!!) to a more 25-35 mindset - Fine I have studied (that too at ISB!! ;) ) But what now? Where from here?? Is this job good enough?? Should I change?? Am I going to hit the glass ceiling before I reach 35....oh I so dont want to....And what about this person I wake up next to each morning, who smiles from the picture on my side table in his/her best suit on THE day of our lives? Is he/she really the right one?? hmmmmm....and much moreeee - mentality post the first quarter of a century in one's life!
Do I miss those nice and carefree days in the past decade?? Hell, I do!! But do I love my life today?? Is it exciting?? More than ever!! I guess this is the best part of growing up! enjoying what you are at that point in time. Yearn neither for the past nor worry fro future. Keep your head down, work hard and party harder!!!! A kid friend (all of 19 yrs old) of mine Ms. N asked me if she was wasting her life by fooling around and making coffee houses richer?? I think not. It’s the time in your life to fool around!!!!

So in-keeping with my motto of partying harder (i forget the former part every now and then) I had a blast on my birthday and my dear husband was an integral part of it all with my families and friends!! It was one amazing day when all the phone calls, smss and mails led me to think that I have after all collected some people in these 25 years, if nothing else!!

PS I have decided on my birthday to appear more frequently here !! Let’s see how long I last!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Ketaki said...

Nice post :) just my thoughts on my bday. Only thing is that I was thinking more about getting closer to the 30s from the 20s. I even started writing a similar port. :)

Anyways. linking you to my blog. Hope u dont mind :p

Ketaki said...

Nice post :) just my thoughts on my bday. Only thing is that I was thinking more about getting closer to the 30s from the 20s. I even started writing a similar port. :)

Anyways. linking you to my blog. Hope u dont mind :p

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin